Monday, April 20, 2009

Putting it all together!

First, my apologies for taking so long to post an update-- life has been a little crazy the last couple weeks!


On Sunday, after spending all day painting (and re-painting, as it turned out not all my ideas worked out quite as well on the cat as they did in my head), I went out to meet with Corey, so we could finally get everything put together.



Before we got to installing the wheels, Corey helped me put in the steam stack. I had already primed and painted the end of a dowel, but since I had been working out of our apartment living room, I hadn't been able to trim it down. Once we figured out the right length, Corey got a hole drilled into the top of the cat, and we glued it down.


As I mentioned in previous posts, Corey so kindly agreed to fabricate the wheels, since metal work is well out of my comfort zone. Little did he know what he was agreeing to! All of the pieces for the wheels were custom made, and it turns out, they gave him (or at least his equipment) a run for his money. Thirty or so saw blades later, and after many many hours of work, he came out with wheels that were perfect for the cat-- exactly what I was hoping for.

We installed the wheels on a threaded metal rod, which required enlarging the holes we had previously drilled. Corey had to drill holes through spacers and through the metal wheels.


All together! (and the wheels even spin!)


Done!!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment